• Conveyancing & Business & Commercial Transactions
  • Estate Planning & Aged Care And Retirement
  • Personal Injury Law
  • Professional Staff
  • Serving Our Community Since 1946

We provide specialist advice in conveyancing, business/commercial transactions, will & estate admin, family law & personal injury.We are one of the few legal firms to offer an all-round legal service to our clients and if there are some specialty areas that we do not accommodate, we will gladly refer you to one of the specialty firms that we have a relationship with and trust to deliver the service you require.

  • Estates Disputes & Estate Litigation
  • Personal Injury Law
  • Family Law
  • Wills & Powers of Attorney
  • Estate Planning & Administration
  • Resolution & Commercial Litigation
  • Conveyancing
  • Business & Commercial Transactions
  • Thoroughbred Breeding & Racing

Our Northern NSW Lawy firm is made up of specialist departments headed up by either a partner or a senior specialist lawyer in that area. This enables us to provide an all-round service to our clients and still retain the ability to provide specialist advice within the areas of each department.

Testimonial – for Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Compensation Law, and Partner Jeremy Roche Hi Jeremy, Thank you so much! Your patience and diligence helped me more than you know and I cannot imagine there being a better person to have put my faith in. Immediately I decided to give the claim fully over to you, I’ve made some excellent progress in letting go and moving forwards. Thank you! 

We cover a variety of practice areas. Contact our experienced and proactive legal team today.

Q What is an enduring power of attorney?

Power of attorney is the legal power to make decisions on someone else behalf. Enduring simply means that the power continues even if the person giving it loses the capacity to make decisions.

Q Why give someone enduring power of attorney?

There are some circumstances in which you may be unable to make decisions about matters that concern you. For example, you may be overseas, or you may be too ill. If you give someone a general power of attorney, for instance to sign documents for you in your absence, that power will come to an immediate end if for some reason you lose your capacity to make decisions. Giving someone enduring power means that he/she is able to continue to act for you if you lose capacity to act for yourself.

Q Whom should I appoint as my attorney?

Most couples appoint each other as their sole attorney and this is usually fine in majority of situations. However, there can be some difficulties when couples have children from previous marriages. Sometimes it might be wise to appoint one of your own children or an independent person as a co-attorney with your spouse.

Q When does the attorney power begin?

With personal/health matters, your attorney power to make decisions does not begin until (if ever) you are incapable of understanding the nature and foreseeing the effects of a decision, and of communicating that decision. With financial matters, you may nominate when your attorney power is to begin. If you do not name a date or an occasion, it begins immediately.

Q What is a Will?

Wills are a topic that none of us like to consider, but having a legal, properly prepared will is vitally important to ensure your wishes are carried out on your death. Without a will, your estate could be distributed unfairly according to a formula set by each State and Territory intestacy laws. This could result in some of your relatives receiving more than you wished, while other loved ones are not provided for in the way you intended.

Q Do I need a Solicitor to sell my house?

Your home is one of, if not your most, important asset. Making a mistake or misunderstanding your legal obligations could have a significant impact on your finances and lifestyle. Attwood Marshall has the expertise and experience to ensure that your sale goes the way you intend.

Q What is a Retirement Village?

A Retirement Village (Village) is a managed community for seniors. Each Australian State and Territory has enacted specific laws which establish and regulate the relationship between Village operators (operator) and their residents and prospective residents (residents).

Q What is residential aged care?

Residential aged care is for older people who can no longer live in their home. Residential aged care homes (previously called nursing homes and hostels) are owned and operated by organisations that have the approval of the Government under the Aged Care Act 1997(Cth) (Act) to care for older people and provide accommodation, personal and nursing care.

Rate us and Write a Review

Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long

You agree & accept our Terms & Conditions for posting this review?

Show all timings
  • Monday07:30 AM - 05:30 PM
  • Tuesday07:30 AM - 05:30 PM
  • Wednesday07:30 AM - 05:30 PM
  • Thursday07:30 AM - 05:30 PM
  • Friday07:30 AM - 05:30 PM
  • Saturday07:30 AM - 05:30 PM